From time to time we have specific jobs to fill. Even if there are no current openings listed, if you are well qualified in one of these areas, we encourage you to send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the area of interest that applies to you. Below are the areas we typically recruit.
- Genomics laboratory specialists – MSc with significant genomics laboratory experience
- Geospatial specialists – MSc in geography with training in geomatics, GIS, etc
- Ecology/oceanography field/data technicians – We look for people able to bridge the gap between field data acquisition and sophisticated data management. MSc in related field plus demonstrated analytical capability. Experience with R, MATLAB, or formal computing languages and applications an asset
- Full stack developers – BSc or MSc in computer science, engineering, oceanography, or a related discipline
- Data science & data visualization – BSc in computer science with an interest in designing user-focused scientific applications
University Affiliated Positions
Optimizing eDNA for biodiversity monitoring in Canada’s Marine Protected Areas (collaboration with Dr. Jennifer Sunday at McGill and DFO)